• death ve testament ile çalışarak ününün doruğuna ulaşmış, sadus grubunun basçısı ve jon allen'ın* en yakın dostudur steve digiorgio. ve en önemlisi, bir chuck schuldiner keşfidir.
    autopsy, iced earth ve vintersorg'un albümlerine de katkıda bulunmuştur. 2003 sonları itibarı ile control denied'ın yeni albümünün de (tabii çıkarabilirlerse) kayıtlarını bitirmiştir.
    bir dönem richard christy ile iced earth'ün horror show adlı albümünde çaldıktan sonra tura çıkma konusunda kırlangıç beyinli jon schaffer ile anlaşamamış, ikilinin erman toroğlu-hıncal uluç misali arkadan konuşmalarla bezeli kapışma durumları olmuştur.
    chuck schuldiner'ın tanıdığım en iyi metal basçısı dediği insandır. yeteneğinin farkına varmak için ideal albümler individual thought patterns ve the fragile art of existence'dır. bir çok basa sahip olmakla birlikte en çok 5 telli fender kırması yeşil perdesiz basını kullanır. jamaaladeen tacuma, billy sheehan, michael manring, doug keyser, tatlılardan da künefe sever.

steve* evlidir, 2 çocuğu, full time bir işi ve aktif halde 3 grubu vardır. yani kendisi işkoliktir.

kendisine "bas çalışımızı geliştirmek istiyoruz, ne yapalım" diye soran genç basçı kardeşlere "ruh sağlığı yerinde olmayan bir davulcu bulup onunla çalabildiğiniz kadar çalın" tarzı bir öğüt vermiştir. zira beraber çaldığı davulcular arasında dave lombardo, gene hoglan, sean reinert, richard christy, bobby jarzombek, deen castronovo, asgeir mickelson gibi yetenek bolluğu yaşayan isimler bulunmaktadır.
    ayrıca dark hall isimli bir caz projesi de vardır, (bkz: dark hall)
    gene hoglan ile bir fotoğrafları şurada bulunabilir, http://www.stevedigiorgio.com/…x/nomercy2003_9.html

ayrıca üstadın web sitesinde (http://www.stevedigiorgio.com/) çeşitli videoları, mp3'leri, tab'ları ve köşe yazıları inceleyebilir, bas denen aletle yapılabilecekler görülebilir.

bizzat tanık olduğum üzere müthiş bir konser performansına sahip olan steve digiorgio, halen testament ile albüm yapmakta ve turlamaktadır.
  • tekrar testament'ta çalacakmış greg christian'ın yerine bu harika bas gitar insanı.
  • megadeth'in yeni albümünde çalacağı konuşuluyor...
  • metal dünyasının bas gitar'a ve basçılara yaklaşımı hakkında şöyle önemli şeyler demiştir kendisi: (kendisinin official forumunda, "metal müzikte bas gitar'a özgürlük tanınmaması" konusuna attığı post)

"all these statements are true and well thought out. but we can keep preaching to our own choirs all day. "practice a lot, play different styles, try to be creative, don't follow the root notes.." all well and good, and work for some, some of the time. but the reason we are talking about this, is it doesn't work. the topic of this thread is "freedom to play", but that is a broad subject. different styles, different bands, different musicians all demand unique approaches. there are obvious kinds of music where a bassist has more freedom to play than other kinds, for example son of magni compared what i play in sadus to what i play for dark hall. i compose for both bands so it's a fair comparison, but there is an obvious difference; and let's call it what it is...one is a form of jazz and one is a form of metal. and therein lies the source of the topic, being a metal bassist.

we can all sit here and read each other's posts and commiserate and share advice, but the bottom line is that no one else cares. no one does "air bass" when they hear their favorite song, you see plenty people doing air guitar, air drumming and even holding an imaginary mic and putting on such an intense face while they squeeze out that favorite vocal line. guitarists, drummers and singers know this and it is their obligation to keep us down. worse yet, since the advent of adats and on to protools and the like, the backyard or home studio hacks have still not learned to refine their quest for the ultimate (and over-loud) drum sounds and twenty-tracks of guitar wall square wave mud to pay proper attention to the bass track (singular). how easy to dial up a tight-mic'ed artificial verb'ed drum sound complete with fake kicks (and, uuggghhh, most of the time fake played), and over tracked guitars that hide and smooth over all the inconsistencies, thicken it all up with a mass of low end and compression, and ultimately burying the bass track under audible level [oh, watch...*mute* it's gone...*unmute* it's there... *mute* it's gone... *unmute* see, it's in the mix...] bullshit.

yes the blame is shared by engineers that can't handle the frequencies of bass, and the other musicians that go complete ego in the studio, and by the fans that ultimately support and accept this undersight. but unfortunately, fellow bassbros...it's mostly our fault. just like the fixed-in-the-computer kick drums make drummer stars, and multi-multi-layering guitars makes guitar heroes...that volume fader keeps your spot in the line up. you deserve the dirt thrown on top of you. if there is nothing there to fight (unfortunately that's the word) for in the mix, there is no reason to hear what you played and no reason to have freedom to play.

when i was growing up listening to music of that day, i gravitated to the bass player because i thought it was the coolest sounding instrument and had the most interesting job in the song. now it's more like the failed guitarist demoted or the friend who wants to hang out but can't really play as well as the others in the band. and some of the coolest spots in the song for freedom to play for bass was during the guitar solo, now it's not only covered by the second, or rhythm guitar part, but also overdubbed by both guitarists like one of them never pulled away to play the wank section. where's the room? where is the actual freedom?

we have to make our own space, and most of the time it is dishearteningly unaccepted by others involved. bass players in metal are like sharks in the regard that we always have to swim against the current to stay alive. i try not to use words all encompassing like "everyone" and "always", because i have been fortunate enough in my career to find others supportive of the bassist role in metal, and for them we do carry on. but unfortunately they are far outnumbered by those who are willing to accept the new standard that there is no point for a bassist to have freedom to play.

this wasn't meant to be a negative rant. but it is a reflection of some of the negativity that wells up inside of me and gives me fire to play on. negativity towards the norm. i will never give up fighting the norm, and i encourage you to play; create; find space; and make your own freedom to play.
    all the time.
    sdg"

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/…687-freedom-play.html
  • 8 aralik 2004 sebastian bach ankara konserindeki muhteşem performansı sonrası birası elinde seyircilerin arasına karışıp konser yorgunluğunu atmaya çalışırken chuck schuldiner ve death li günlerini, o dönemdeki performansını unutmayacağımızı söylediğimde yüzünde huzurlu bir gülümsemeyle hemen elimi sıkıp onaylayarak biletimi imzalayan mütevazi idol.
  • gecenin bir saati, zamanında hangi ünlü metal vokalisti kadınla birlikte olmuştu diye hatırlamaya çalışırken covid olduğunu gördüğüm kişi. iki dakika kafamızı dağıtacağız... geçmiş olsun.
  • 7 aralik 2004 sebastian bach istanbul konseri'nin sonunda, sebastian bach tarafından ismi anons edildiğinde salonda kıyamet kopmasını sağlayan metal ikonu.
  • obituary'nin avrupa turnesi kapsamında bu yaz ülkemizi tekrar ziyaret edecektir.
  • tanrısal grup quo vadis'in yeni albümü defieant imagination'da çalan digiorgio için, grubun gitaristinin yorumu:

"guitarist bart frydrychowicz spoke to bw&bk recently about session bass legend steve digiorgio (sadus/control denied/dragonlord/ex-death): "when (ex-bass player) remi decided he didn't want to be involved in music anymore, we had to start thinking of bass players to play on the album. i mentioned steve and everyone immediately laughed. they were like, 'why the hell would steve want to play with quo vadis? who the hell are you guys?' but i thought it wouldn't hurt trying. we sent him some of the songs we were working on, and he liked the material so he played on the record."
hesabın var mı? giriş yap